This September, Toute l'Europe is launching a new website : "Tweet your MEP". Its goal is to enable European citizens to communicate with their MEPs in an easy, immediate and transparent way. Before being officially launched to the public on September 22, theÂ new website "Tweet your MEP" will be presented on September 14 at the European Policy Center in Brussels.
September 14, 4pm – 6pm: Preview of "Tweet your MEP" at the European Policy Center in Brussels
The European Policy Centre (EPC) is an independent think tank, "committed to making European integration work". It is organizing on September 14 a conference on "Citizens' consultation in the light of the Lisbon Treaty", with Viviane Reding, European Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship.
- Kinga Göncz MEP, Vice-Chair, Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, European Parliament ;
- Sophie Beernaerts, Head of Unit for Citizen’s Policy, Directorate-General for Communications, European Commission ;
- Monique Leyenaar, Professor of Comparative Politics, Radboud University, Nijmegen ;
- Gerrit Rauws, Director, King Baudouin Foundation ;
- Diana Wallis MEP, Vice-President of the European Parliament.
Touteleurope will be there also to give a preview of the new website www.TweetyourMEP.eu.
September 22, 2pm : Official launch of "Tweet your MEP", live from the European Parliament in Strasbourg
As MEPs gather in Strasbourg for one of the most important sessions of the year, Tweet your MEP will be officially launched at a press conference in the Parliament. Some of the most active MEPs on twitter will be there to tweet live from the launch.
Log on to follow this event live and be one the first people to "Tweet Your MEP"! More news to come at the beginning of September !
More information about "Tweet Your MEP" on Touteleurope.
Contact : Laura Dagg, 'Tweet Your MEP' project Coordinator - Tel : +33 (0) 1 53 85 44 12 - Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The "Tweet your MEP" project has been developed with the support of the Hippocrène Foundation (France) and the King Baudouin Foundation (Belgium).